What is not measurable can hardly be improved. This is where Google Analytics appears to make our lives a little better, and that is why it is essential for the success of a web page to measure the results obtained over time, if this is not done correctly, analyzing each process, it will not be possible to know which efforts have been worthwhile and which have not.
This can get tricky if you don’t have the right tool. For this and many other reasons, we analyze some very positive aspects that Google Analytics can provide as the ideal tool that will help you make the best decisions for your SEO positioning strategy.
Likewise, when establishing an SEO strategy, we are also usually guided by the data provided by the Google Search Console tool as a complementary tool to the information provided by Google Analytics.
What is it and how it works
It is a free service provided by Google since 2006 and since then it has become the number one professional platform for measuring web statistics.
From the analysis and study of these reports it is possible to generate exact statistics of:
- Number of users who visit the website in a period of time.
- Estimated time that the user has navigated through the website.
- Website traffic source.
- The number of people who have converted on the page.
- Reason for leaving the page.
Best of all, it is a tool that is compatible with the rest of the Google platforms, such as Ads, YouTube or Blogger.
Thus, Google Analytics is perfect for better understanding the public you want to reach and measuring the results of the marketing and SEO strategies proposed in real time!
Why use Google Analytics
In digital marketing it is essential to be able to measure the results of the campaigns and strategies applied as well as the behavior of the people who enter a web page.
This is because any decision to be made, as well as the definition of the budget to be used, is directly related to the analysis of this data. Among the advantages of using Google Analytics is:
- Associate with Google AdWords and filter the necessary Keywords to achieve objectives. This allows you to optimally manage your PPC campaigns.
- It is completely free, which allows you to have the cost of a paid tool, for a marketing campaign, for example.
- It allows you to obtain personalized information according to your needs.
- It carries out very detailed analyses.
- Its interface is very friendly and simple, so it is not necessary to be an expert to learn how to use it.
- Compatibility with web pages of all sizes, from large corporate sites to small growing webs.
How to integrate Google Analytics with my website
Creating a Google Analytics account is not complicated, in fact, if you already have a Gmail account, you will only have to access the Analytics portal and follow all the steps that the same platform explains to you.
There is a very large variety of free plugins that are responsible for analyzing web statistics using Google Analytics, but they can be divided into two groups:
1. Those who are solely in charge of integrating your website into Google Analytics and little else. Like for example the free version of GA Google Analytics.
2. Those that present in WordPress a graphical interface similar to that of Google Analytics, among these Monster Insights stands out.
How to improve web positioning
We have already commented that Google Analytics, together with Google Search Console and together with an SEO audit, are essential tools for any SEO strategy, since they will provide you with data to know which action is giving the expected results, or else, it must be modified by complete. Analysis and monitoring to achieve our objectives.
These are the measurements that must be taken into account when improving the SEO positioning of your website:
- Organic traffic is nothing more than the number of visits you get on your website without the need to use any advertising campaign.
- Organic visits, time spent on the web (session) and percentage or bounce rate
This metric allows you to analyze which post on your blog has had the best response from users. For this, the time that has remained within the web and the bounce or abandonment percentage that it has had is calculated. The abandonment rate or bounce rate may occur because the user has not found what they were looking for or has not found an answer to their query in our content.
Duration of browsing time and pages viewed during browsing
The longer users stay within a web page, and the more blog posts or website they visit, the higher the probability of user retention. In addition, this gives an idea of the value content that attracts more people.
Although Google is the most used search engine on the web, it is possible that visits come from other browsers such as Bing or Yahoo! So, depending on the percentage of visitors from other browsers, it might be worth optimizing your website for the requirements of other browsers as well.
Organic traffic is essential for any web page, but it is even more so than this of the expected results.
In this way, you could know what type of traffic is the one that converts the most to your website to find ways to optimize it more and more.
By way of conclusion, we can say that Google Analytics is a very complete tool that allows real-time measurement of the strategies applied for the growth of a web page.
It is certainly not a platform that can be handled perfectly at first. However, learning to use it is not complicated thanks to the fact that it is very intuitive and has a friendly interface.